- Describe each layer of the atmosphere. Include temperature range, height, and activities that occur within the layer.
- Complete the Online Atmosphere Quiz.
- Describe how Earth's atmosphere changed over time.
- Predict what the temperature would be on top of Mount Everest which is about 9km above sea level.
- Illustrate the greenhouse effect.
- Describe the differences between weather and climate.
- In 1982, Larry Walters rose to an altitude of approximately 4900 m on a lawn chair attached to 45 helium-filled weather balloons. Give two reasons why Walter's efforts were dangerous. Use information about the levels of the atmosphere for your answer.
- Winds around the world are given some unusual names. Research the following winds and find where they are located and why they were given their names. Williwaws, Pineapple Express, Chinooks, mistrals, and Santa Ana
- Create an illustration of the three different types of fronts.
- Grapes grow well in areas where the climate is generally mild (not hot or cold, no violent storms). Would you recommend planting grapes on the California coast or on the plains of North Dakota? Give details of the climate in each to explain your answer.
- Use Inspiration to create an illustration of the changing of the seasons.
Chapter 22 test