The mission of the Early Childhood Learning Center is to provide a high quality, comprehensive program that supports the desired child outcomes and promotes academic success for eligible children and families. We are committed to providing a positive learning and social environment that will lead to the Kirksville Schools mission statement: Empowering 21st century learners to create their success, build their community and better the world.
We strive to:
- Provide an environment for all children to have the opportunity to make choices concerning their activities, as they acquire knowledge, skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Provide an environment for children to construct knowledge and values through interaction with peers, parents, other adults and active exploration of the physical and social environments.
- Provide an environment for children to learn and develop through interactions and influences of social, emotional and physical development.
- Provide an opportunity for families to be an influential part of their child’s learning.
- Provide an environment that promotes physical development with indoor and outdoor activities with movement experiences.
- Provide an environment where children exhibit individual differences in their development of competencies.
- Provide an environment for children to develop social and emotional development.
- Provide open, trusting and respectful communication with parents and families in order for children to have a smooth transition between home and school.