How to Pay for Meals
How To Pay for School Meals
Option 1: Online
With current national attention being focused on children’s health and wellness issues, Kirksville R-III School District’s Food Service Department is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance and see a detail listing of purchases. Also, parents will have the ability to print out a copy of their child’s eating history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast and or lunch within the past thirty days.
The Kirksville R-III School District is set up on the My School Bucks online meal program. Deposits are recorded into the child’s account, and then money is deducted as the child eats each meal.
To pay online with the My School Bucks program please follow these directions.
- Simply go to My School Bucks
- From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. All you need is your child’s name, student ID number and school ZIP code. We will send home all new students and Kindergarten ID numbers the first week of school. Please watch your child’s back pack for a letter with this number. If you missed this number you can always call your child's school.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.75 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.75 fee once per deposit transaction. Kirksville R-III School District does not profit from the use of this site.
Option 2: Send money with student
We ask that payments be put in a sealed envelope with the child's full name and amount of payment written on the envelope. It would be best that payments be made by check or money order, please do not send cash. If a cash payment must be sent it needs to be delivered to the child’s homeroom or the breakfast cashier during breakfast. All cash, checks and money order payments will deposited into the child’s account. A student may NOT pay for a meal or al-a-carte items with cash. This will help to ensure accuracy of deposits. The homeroom teachers collect deposits in the classroom each morning, which then is given to the food service cashier. Or students or parents may make a deposit with any cashier in the District.
For more information contact:
Central Kitchen Director
If you believe you qualify for Free or Reduced Meals, click on the link below, print out form, fill out and return to your student's school.