6th Grade Virtual Orientation
6th Grade Virtual Orientation Details
We are bummed we couldn't meet with you in person. We love to get to know our students ahead of the first day. To make up for that, we have created a few things to help you know more about what to expect in 6th grade. Click here to access our virtual orientation which includes
- Links to the CATS and STARS websites. These are VERY helpful for parents and students. Take a few minutes to explore these sites. Not sure if you are a CAT or a STAR? Check your schedule for the following teachers
- CATS: Mrs. Crisp, Mrs. Riley, Mrs. Spain, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Findling
- STARS: Mrs. Corbett, Mrs. Chapman, Mrs. Henderson, Mrs. Boyer, Ms. Prewitt
- Welcome videos from each of our 6th grade content area teachers
- Our ELA, math, science, social studies, and exploratory teachers have created videos for you to watch and learn more about expectations in each course.
- Fall Protocol Videos
- Make sure to check out all the COVID-19 protocol videos, and the "how to open a locker" video.
- Links to live Q&A sessions. These sessions will take place from 2;00 - 7:00 pm on Thursday, August 20th.
- Participants can join a live ZOOM meeting and ask questions about 6th grade or middle school in general.
- Participants will type a question in the chat box. Teachers will read each question and answer them live.
We have missed you and can't wait to start the year!
For our KVR-III Online Academy students, there will be a separate orientation for you. You will receive a phone call in the next several days to review your child's schedule and receive more information about your orientation.