Inclement Weather Procedures
Every effort will be made to cancel school by 6:00 AM. However this may not always be possible, so cancellations may occur later.
School days canceled in their entirety will be made up in accordance with the school calendar.
School Announcements will be broadcast on:
Kirksville R-III School District's website's front page,
and on the following media outlets;
KZBK 96.9 FM
KRES 104.7 FM
KRXL 94.5 FM, KTUF 93.7 FM, KIRX 1040 AM
click on name to sign up!
Two-Hour Delay Procedure
- School officials will strive to announce the delay or cancellation of school by 6:00 a.m. via textcaster, local T.V. and radio outlets, and the school district website.
- When a two-hour delay announcement is made, buses may run regular routes or hard surface roads only. Please continue to monitor our website and local media outlets for updated information. If conditions deteriorate, a decision will be made to close all schools for the day by 7:30 a.m.
- During a Two-Hour Delay, morning bus transportation will be delayed two hours from normal pick-up times. This will apply to all students. Buses could be running slower due to weather conditions.
- When school is delayed, it is important that you Do Not Send or drop off your children at school prior to the delayed start time. Building staff will not be available to supervise children before that time.
- Morning Early Childhood classes will be canceled for the day with afternoon classes remaining as scheduled.
- NO Breakfast will be served. The lunch program will run as usual with some possible changes in serving times and\or menu.
- School dismissal will remain at the normal time when school is delayed.
- Scheduled co-curricular activities will be adjusted accordingly.
Two-hour Delay School Start Times
Early Childhood Learning Center No Morning Classes. Full day classes start at 10:10 a.m. There will be no morning bussing available.
Kirksville Primary School 10:10 a.m.
Ray Miller 10:10 a.m.
William Matthew Middle School 9:43 a.m.
Kirksville High School 9:47 a.m.
Kirksville Area Technical Center 9:47 a.m.
*Buses will unload at each school approximately 2 hours after their normal times.
Every effort will be made to announce Early School Dismissal by 10:00 a.m. However this may not always be possible, so early dismissal may occur later.
When an Early Dismissal is announced each school will dismiss students approximately 2 hours before their normal release times. Buses will run approximately 2 hours early for student drop off.
An Early Dismissal announcement will be made via Textcaster, local T.V. and radio outlets, and on the Kirksville R-III School District website. Please continue to monitor announcements for any changes in times.
Buses on Hard Surface\Snow Routes
Every effort will be made to announce Hard Surface bus routes by 6:00 a.m. However this may not always be possible, so the announcement may occur later.
The announcement to run Hard Surface bus routes will be made via Textcaster, local T.V. and radio outlets, and on the Kirksville R-III School District website.
Hard Surface bus routes will be run in the afternoon if they occurred in the morning to avoid confusion unless announced otherwise.
Please see the Hard Surface bus stop for your child under the Hard Surface Bus routes tab.