Two-Hour Delay Procedure
- School officials will strive to announce the delay or cancellation of school by 6:00 a.m. via textcaster, local T.V. and radio outlets, and the school district website.
- When a two-hour delay announcement is made, buses may run regular routes or hard surface roads only. Please continue to monitor our website and local media outlets for updated information. If conditions deteriorate, a decision will be made to close all schools for the day by 7:30 a.m.
- During a Two-Hour Delay, morning bus transportation will be delayed two hours from normal pick-up times. This will apply to all students. Buses could be running slower due to weather conditions.
- When school is delayed, it is important that you Do Not Send or drop off your children at school prior to the delayed start time. Building staff will not be available to supervise children before that time.
- Morning Early Childhood classes will be canceled for the day with afternoon classes remaining as scheduled.
- NO Breakfast will be served. The lunch program will run as usual with some possible changes in serving times and\or menu.
- School dismissal will remain at the normal time when school is delayed.
- Scheduled co-curricular activities will be adjusted accordingly.
Two-hour Delay School Start Times
Early Childhood Learning Center No Morning Classes. Full day classes start at 10:10 a.m. There will be no morning bussing available.
Kirksville Primary School 10:10 a.m.
Ray Miller 10:10 a.m.
William Matthew Middle School 9:43 a.m.
Kirksville High School 9:47 a.m.
Kirksville Area Technical Center 9:47 a.m.
*Buses will unload at each school approximately 2 hours after their normal times.